HomeVisionXL Change Log
Version 2.4 - 28 Jun 2016
- Upgrade to Tcl 8.6.5
- Upgrade to dbus 2.1
- Upgrade to tls 1.6.7
- Upgrade to udp 1.0.11
- Fix error when copying "Set PCS Light Level" command that uses named
- Commands in a connect hook don't work because the event runs too early.
- Log file name template missing from tech info
- Tech info save dialog improvement
Version 2.3 - 2 Jun 2014
- Upgrade to Tcl 8.6.1
- Add IPv6 support
- Introduce an even better memory optimization method, allowing almost
every byte of the first memory bank to be used for the schedule (experimental)
- New command: Put scheduled event time into 2 variables
- New command: Set hvac zone ## setpoint from variable ##
- New command: Run power failure recovery actions.
- Add support for IR signals with a checksum
- Check that the RAM video screens used in the schedule exist.
- Import hvconfig.txt file into data file format editor.
- Allow multiple data file formats to be used
- Add more signals and methods to the dbus interface
- Allow plug-ins to add methods, signals, and properties to the dbus
- Extend the command timeout when trigger strings are stacking up.
Especially on slow devices, like the Raspberry Pi, HvXL could sometimes not
- Add an optional retransmit argument to the hvSendCommand command.
- Improved method for reading the event log. By requesting differing
amounts of bytes, responses can be matched to their commands.
- Add optional boolean argument to hvObjectState command that, when true,
will inform other plug-ins that there have been changes for the object type.
- Several code compilation improvements
- Connect to the system dbus if no session bus is available
- Add some new undocumented error codes
- Close action screen when object is deleted
- Use a more standard method to invoke URLs on linux
- List references to objects as named constants in the overview of object
- Don't ask for confirmation when selecting an existing file for the
datalog on windows (was already working correctly on linux).
- After downloading a schedule, any experimental action code should be
assumed to be lost.
- Invoking "Synchronize Remote Server" fails with error message on the
server: can't read "data":no such variable
- Open comm port serial command is broken on windows.
- Open comm port serial command doesn't work with a capital letter for the
- Correctly show X-10, input port, ir, or timer action execute commands in
most cases when patching actions.
- When two attempts at setting the clock are needed, the second call
causes an error: can't read "trigger(11 cmd: )": no such element in array
- Error when using extended code/data commands on X-10 control screen
- Disconnect/reconnect when failing to reconfigure the baud rate on the
- Open comm port serial command doesn't apply the handshake parameter
- Give proper error when trying to read an empty file as a schedule
- Error when bad path is entered in path preference prevented the
preferences dialog from being opened to correct the problem.
- Setting the time for a scheduled event based on Sunset or Dark via the
control screen resulted in the first occurrence to happen relative to Sunrise
- Fix error when hvac zone 2 stat type is set to "Other": Error: can't
read "stattypes(-1)": no such element in array
- Make the dbus interface a little more robust
- Fix error: expected integer but got " ? "
- Return IR toolbox to a sane state after failing to learn an IR signal
- Change the endianness of X10RF signals from HV to standard
- Fix errors when adding a new trigger with the serial string dialog open.
- Don't add&remove command response triggers in the serial string dialog.
- When multiple trigger strings are sent by the controller, some of them
could be missed on slower machines (e.g. Raspberry Pi).
- In action listings, display the RAM video screen number for screens
above 16 as well.
- Commenting out long commands leads to schedule corruption.
- Rotating the log fail may throw an error in case of connectivity
problems when the log file is on a network drive.
- Techinfo was missing the Computer section when the environment
variable TZ was set.
- Techinfo would report the wrong GMT offset when the local time zone and
GMT were on different days.
- Using the data log may corrupt the loaded schedule when the schedule
is very large (memory use >95%)
- Fix error from action editor: text doesn't contain any characters tagged
Version 2.2 - 24 Nov 2011
- User preference setting to automatically invoke read buttons after
opening a control screen.
- New option to hvImport, allowing the plug-in to specify a name
(including namespace) for the imported command, to be able to avoid name
- Redesign of the main menu, allowing plug-ins to override built-in menu
- Allow plug-ins to modify and add entries in the system tray menu
- Provide a method to get the internal representation of named constants
- Redesign the scheduled event time entry dialog.
- Make all time entry fields behave consistent and in accordance with the
configured time format.
- Add history size preference option
- Remove focus ring around the object list on the object summary screens.
- Some cosmetic improvements, mostly for Mac
- Remote internet host client: Clear the password entry field when the
server indicates that the password is invalid.
- Verify the integrity of received remote internet host messages. Discard
messages where the checksum doesn't match.
- Upgraded to Tcl/Tk 8.5.11
- Fix Serial Command Test
- Opening a HV-Pro schedule created by the CSI software should not disable
the built-in analog ports.
- Object value tooltip in the action editor shows the wrong input port for
- Receiving IR signals with IR reporting switched on produces errors in
- Several fixes for unspecified IR signals (i.e. IR signals with a signal
type of "None")
- hvStateString reports incorrect values for certain PCS light levels.
- The amount of client connections on the Remote Internet Server
Configuration screen does not get updated.
- The hvServer plug-in API command only returned "rc" in case of
problems starting the telnet server.
- If the clock set command fails a new value should be calculated for the
- Techinfo should be able to correctly display the full version number
when HomeVisionXL runs with a patch
- Errors while learning infrared codes
- Could not lock serial device on openSUSE 11.4
- Error when closing the IR toolbox quickly after transmitting an IR
- Give a more appropriate error message when locking a device using
lockdev fails for other reasons than the device already being locked (the
device may not exist, for example).
- Code protection command screen produces an error when all license codes
have been deleted
- Opening and immediate closing a telnet connection causes an error
message: error writing "sock672": software caused connection abort
- Better handle cases where HomeVisionXL is executed by a tclkit without
Tk, or by a regular tclsh/wish binary.
- Error message when USB-serial device is unplugged prevents
- Remote internet host server could get out of sync and only respond to
one command after the client sends the next command.
- Remote internet host client should wait with invoking the startup macro
command until the connection is fully established and authenticated.
- Error on Remote internet host (can't read "ch": no such variable) when
the client uses a wrong password.
- A remote command was incorrectly categorized as Response when hovering
the mouse pointer over the command in the terminal emulator window.
Version 2.1 - 25 Dec 2010
- Update to Tcl/Tk 8.5.9, providing a couple of GUI improvements:
- Support for the Windows Vista (and Win 7) GUI style.
- Native looking spinboxes.
- Make tooltips fade on X11 as well.
- Menu traversal improvements on linux.
- Save size information of comment entry screen between invocations.
- Enable auto-reconnect option also for serial ports, to better support
hot-pluggable (USB) serial devices.
- Include IR-decode library in HomeVisionXL distributions.
- Provide application suffix configuration setting even when dbus is not
- Add info about thermostats, security systems, and custom lighting to
- Include several general purpose libraries for use by plug-ins.
- Create the possibility to store plug-in data inside the schedule.
- Provide download progress updates to plug-in.
- Add plug-in API command to control remote internet server configuration.
- Add plug-in API command to update object states using a method
appropriate for the controller type and PROM version.
- Add new event hook: save, which occurs when the current schedule is
- Restore built-in triggers when plug-in that overrode it is unloaded.
- Redesign remote internet server configuration.
- Appearance update on user location screen.
- Suspend automatic schedule viewer updates when loading a new schedule.
- Use US spelling on controller error explanation.
- Prevent serial port from blocking the application due to the absence
of a carrier detect signal.
- Display file paths in tech-info in native format (i.e. using
backslashes on windows).
- Loading schedule files created by old HomeVision versions failed: Did not
find standard trailer at end of ..."
- Fix error that sometimes occurred when refreshing the object list after
deleting some objects.
- X-10 Set dim level value command enabled disabled modules.
- Fix several issues with HomeVisionXL-only commands:
- Return and accept unencapsulated commands from hvObjectAction.
- Remove extraneous braces when copying to the clipboard.
- Command description was missing after editing via action editor.
- Incorrect values could be loaded into the controller if a download is
performed while the thermostat configuration screen is open.
- Error when running rescan after deleting plug-ins.
- Not possible to create a single-line empty comment.
- Quick edit does not work for Transmit variable value commands.
- Copying comments between condition- and command blocks does not work.
- The 1-Wire board is not listed in the I2C assignments and is not
reported as an expansion board in tech info.
- Ctrl/Shift-click on the connection icon would sometimes open or close
the connection to the HomeVision controller.
- Selectcolors in the plug-in manager window deviated from the rest of the
- Error when plug-in is disabled before the ready hook is invoked.
- Negative return values from plug-in trigger functions are not accepted.
- Correct misplacement of remote internet server entries in the file menu.
- Error on windows if plug-in deletes USERPROFILE env variable.
- Error in nogui mode when processing a trigger.
- Text is being cut short on 1-wire command window.
- Text is being cut on plug-in wizard screen under windows.
- HomeVisionXL information missing from techinfo with some tclkit builds.
- Download fails when undefined 1-wire devices are used in the schedule.
- Carriage return shows up as a set-square in messages window.
- No timestamp on messages from the controller in no-gui mode.
- Read event log breaks if input port does not exist in the loaded
- Schedule viewer was not updated when actions were modified by a plug-in.
- Download screen buttons should be disabled when downloading through API.
- Disable terminal output option does not work when downloading through API.
- Block the gui during download from a plugin.
- Plug-ins should not be able to delete menu entries of other Plug-ins.
- Various fixes to the hvSerialConfigure plug-in API command.
- Error when using remote internet host interface.
- Clean up infrared learning triggers when they are not needed anymore.
Version 2.0 - 2 Jan 2010
- Major facelift of the application on all platforms.
- Introduction of user configurable toolbars.
- The preferences screen contains many more user configurable settings.
- Features not supported by the installed homevision PROM are disabled.
- Improved control of IR transmit zones from the Infrared toolbox.
- Plug-in wizard improvements for keeping the installed plug-ins
- Improvements to the download process after failure or abort by the user.
- Allow the user to add notes to a schedule.
- Allow users to make notes in the help pages
- Undo/redo action code changes in the action editor.
- Colored bars indicating the If/Then nesting levels.
- Quick edit toolbar button to easily change a command to a related command.
- Create and edit multi-line comments in one shot.
- Redesign of the X-10 control screen.
- Optionally create a system tray icon.
- Create output in Adobe PDF format for printing and archiving.
- Provide D-Bus interface for other programs to externally control
- Show timestamps for when data appeared in the terminal server window.
- Additional features when used in a client/server configuration.
- Many new features in the plug-in API.
- Provide an overview of changes made since the last time the schedule was
- Infrared bulk learn feature.
- Nesting level checker
- User settings to control what information to write to the log file.
- Use a consistent, user configurable format for date and time display
throughout the application.
- Patching of lookup tables.
- Allow changing the control and fan mode using the thermostat control
- Add a warning in the plug-in wizard if some of the selected plug-ins are
not fit for the current operating system, or a newer HomeVisionXL version is
required to be able to use the plug-in.
- And too many others to list them all here. See the
HomeVisionXL 2.0 beta changelog for the
Version 1.15 - 17 Jun 2007
- Initialize thermostat control screen with the current settings, if known
- Make HomeVisionXL resourcefile name available to plug-ins.
- Collect useful information about the system for a bug report
- Allow the user to change the description for the main serial port.
- The controller's main port baud rate must be configurable for all
- Show any text a plug-in sends to the controller in the terminal
- Show PCS light levels on X10 control screens
- hvMainMenu hangs the application in some situations
- When a plug-in is disabled, its messageboxes and file dialogs should
also be closed.
- Error log file should be created outside the virtual file system
- Fix bugs in "Sending data to other serial ports" feature
- Buttons on infrared toolbox screen do not fit in the available space
- Error when setting serial interface device on linux and pressing Return:
invalid command name ".cfg.f4.b1"
- Patching enable/disable automatic reporting shows memory access commands
- Fix bug: X-10 sequence "D-10, D-status is on" comes out as "D-10, D-16"
- Error while opening the custom lighting control screen when
- Editing custom lighting "ramp to level" command resets ramp rate.
Version 1.14 - 11 Apr 2007
- Show ETA on download screen and report elapsed time when download is
- Save file dialog preferences on linux.
- Refresh the custom light status when opening the light control screen.
- Add a resource file option to automaticly update the custom light status
after executing a command.
- New macro control screen. Infrared control uses IR toolbox.
- Quick jump to start of each object type in schedule viewer.
- Allow resourcefile to be specified on the command line.
- Log errors to a file.
- Don't require the name of the source plug-in when importing a public proc.
- If multiple plugins publish the same procedure, all will be executed when
a plugin runs the imported procedure.
- Make DST settings available to plug-ins and add sunrise and sunset
- New command in plug-in API: hvMainMenu
- Make scale widget snap to allowed values.
- Use a better method to update the custom light status.
- The sunrise/sunset table now shows the exact times the HomeVision
controller will use.
- Error when using a remote internet host connection with password.
- Make sure plug-ins don't set the state of invalid X-10 modules.
- Fix error in grid controller: invalid command name ".grd.f1.f.l256"
- Generate parity bit for IR to RF security codes.
- Deleting and adding named constants causes corruption.
- Thermostat control screen: change mode first, then temperature setting.
- Check that the number of values returned by a grid controller update
command is a multiple of 16.
- Additional data sent by the controller after a serial command response
must not be processed as part of the response.
- Error when using mouse wheel on combobox under MS windows.
- Data File Format editor: update arrow button states when adding a
- X-10 grid controller loses track of disabled state of modules.
- The wrong set of buttons are shown when opening the IR toolbox using the
import or export button on the IR signal summary screen.
- Prevent premature execution of serial event actions during download.
- Error when adding temperature sensors using Digital Temp Sensors
- Fix error message when client closes the connection unexpectedly.
- Slow response on client when communication with master gets out of sync
- Resource file specified in environment variable should not be affected by
- Time condition screen visibly resizes after appearing on the screen.
- Main menu command entries without an attached command were not deleted
when the plug-in was unloaded.
- Ignore repeated calls to hvGuiInit in plug-in.
Version 1.13 - 24 Dec 2006
- Allow users to assign names to the serial ports.
- Save interface settings for different interface types seperately to make
switching between them easier
- Add the new HV-Pro PROM 3.5 features
- Change haf file format to version 3.45 (Homevision) and 3.5 (HV-Pro)
- Implement new US DST rules
- Plug-in API: new <<ViewMainWindow>> event when the plug-in
is selected from the view menu.
- Splash screen update
- Upgrade to tile 0.7.8
- Switch to mplayer as default wav play command on linux.
- Bring up search window in schedule viewer with Ctrl-F
- Don't disconnect serial port on errors.
- Fix error when refreshing object viewer.
- Fix error while exporting schedule with a MFEB.
- Data file format editor did not work for regular variables.
- Error when running "Read data file" serial command
- IR toolbox learn button initially doesn't work correctly
- Cannot edit "Execute timer actions" command
- Font settings in the resource file were not having much effect
- Large fonts mess up the grid controller
Version 1.12 - 31 Aug 2006
- Serial commands resulting in a lot of data time out before all data
could be transmitted by the HomeVision controller.
- It is impossible to change the custom lighting header character.
- Pressing Control-Return in serial command text entry box should not
close the window.
- The hvObjectName plugin command doesn't support the seczone object type.
- Summary screens still show text for some buttons when "show toolbar
buttons as icons only" is selected.
- Make the enter key work on more screens.
- Better handling of transmission errors on scheduled event control screen.
- Fix error indication when trying to download a schedule while connection
to controller has been lost.
- Error message when sorting Scheduled Event control screen on scheduled
time before reading the event data.
- Error message when using fonts with spaces in help file viewer.
- Custom lighting dim/brighten commands should not allow a value of 0.
- Wav files containing spaces could not be played.
- Improve help page updates when plugins are enabled or disabled.
Version 1.11 - 5 Aug 2006
- Downloading a schedule fails at controller reset step.
- Should not get an error window when download fails due to problems with
resetting the controller.
- Plugin manager can not be started when no plugins exist.
- Clicking twice on Wizard button in Plugin Manager gives error.
- Plugin wizard cannot update files in subdirectories.
- Compared to other platforms the Mac has buttons 2 and 3 reversed.
- Sometimes errors are reported when the IR toolbox is closed while a search
is in progress.
Version 1.10 - 4 Aug 2006
- Changed to haf file format version 3.44
- Port HomeVisionXL to Mac (Aqua). Both PPC and Intel version are now
- Add support for the 1-Wire interface board developed by some members of
the homevision-users mailing list.
- New commands for the 1-Wire interface board:
- Write ## and ## to I2C address ####
- 1-Wire: Send Reset Pulse
- 1-Wire: Write Device Address
- 1-Wire: Read Byte into Variable ##
- 1-Wire: Write Byte ##
- 1-Wire: Write Byte in Variable ##
- 1-Wire: Send Read Byte Command
- 1-Wire: Set Read Pointer to ...
- 1-Wire: Read Current Register into Variable ##
- 1-Wire: Set Configuration Register to ##
- 1-Wire: Send Single Bit #
- 1-Wire: Send Triplet with Direction #
- 1-Wire: Reset Interface Chip
- 1-Wire: Select Channel ##
- New HomeVisionXL only commands (requires PROM 3.44):
- Report status of all HVAC zones
- Report status of all security zones
- Report status of all custom lights
- New HomeVisionXL only commands (requires PROM 3.44c):
- Execute actions at address ####
- Execute X-10 ## On Actions
- Execute X-10 ## Off Actions
- Execute Timer ## Actions
- Execute Input Port ## Low Actions
- Execute Input Port ## High Actions
- Execute IR Signal ## Actions
- Fix FAQ #1. Trigger strings appearing between the "Cmd" and "Done" parts
of the response to a serial command will now be recognized and acted upon.
- Add support for automatic reporting for HVAC, security sytems and custom
lights introduced in PROM 3.44 for the HV-Pro.
- Automatically update the custom light control screen when a LIGHTUPDATE
report is received.
- Disable the user LED commands for HV-Pro, because it doesn't have a user
- Refuse to load a schedule in the wrong HomeVision controller model.
- Clean up port labels for ports that don't exist anymore after opening a
- Mismatch between the number of output ports in the loaded and opened
schedule could cause an error message.
- Reordering schedules containing non-existing output ports failed.
- Reordering did not update the I/O port labels.
- I/O port labels were not being reset when starting a new schedule
- Input port commands for ports on expansion boards were generated
- Commands for non existing I/O ports were giving error messages.
- Downloaded the wrong com port number for serial Sylva boards.
- Schedule could not be downloaded after reordering Sylva I/O ports
- Check that the user location information has been configured when the user
tries to download a schedule including the sunset and sunrise times table.
- The download progress bar on the video screen shows one block too many
- Had to close the download window to unblock the application after a failed
download due to undefined object references.
- Download lights that are switched on as "on at unknown level" instead of
"on at 100%".
- Wrong variable was displayed when editing custom light command.
- Add custom light objects to homevision export (hvx) file.
- Add X-10 module name in HVConfiguration.txt export file
- Perform a name lookup for X-10 modules and input ports mentioned in the
- Allow the user to hide or show the line numbers on the event log screen.
- Action patching after download should reread the action it has in memory.
- Patching X-10 "Extended code" command would sometimes show up as incorrect
"X-10 directly to level" command.
- Make plugin wizard remember plugin directory selection across sessions.
- Provide plugins access to the I/O port state labels
- Using messagebox in a plugin caused an error message.
- Calling hvGuiInit from inside a proc in a plugin didn't work.
- Add new hvPlayWavFile and hvPrint commands to the plugin API.
- The "center" plugin command doesn't work correctly if the target window
is a hvMainWindow.
- Added a ttk::toplevel command to the plugin API for making a themed
- Added new hvClose command to the plugin API.
- When a plugin destroys a hvMainWindow, it must be deleted from the view
- Plugin menu postcommands were left behind after the plugin was disabled.
- The display was not updated correctly when the number of thermostat zones
was being lowered.
- Opening the thermostats configuration screen marks the schedule as
- Switch over to a different tooltip library that is much smaller and works
better on the Mac.
- Make tool tips disappear after they have been shown long enough.
- Add "What's This" option to the help menu to show tool tips on demand
even if they have been disabled on the preferences screen.
- Switch off the annoying "terminal emulator" tool tip after 5 minutes.
- If toolbar buttons are displayed as icons only, the text should be shown
- Close old logfile and open a new one at midnight.
- Use a better default command for playing wav files
- Show the WAV file path in native format, i.e. using backslashes on
- Editing commands with undefined named constants produced an error.
- Allow pasting and importing from file into lookup tables.
- Could not import new infrared signals
- Include the state of the toggle bit in the description field of
generated IR signals.
- Indicate the corresponding NEC device and key code for the X10 RF IR
- Add shortcut for IR actions.
- Use the configured font families in the help viewer as well.
- Remove curly brackets around print-out.
- Add print command to the schedule viewer.
- Allow using a variable for the X-10 module in the Dim, Force Dim and Dim X
- Update look of messagebox that pops up when trying to download a schedule
with modified action windows open.
- Filter out the inband redirector protocol control bytes on Lantronix
remote com port connections.
- The "copy serial data to text storage buffer" command description was
- Caller-ID popup: format name and number and allow more space for the name.
- Pressing the Return key on a command editor window should behave as if
the OK button was clicked.
- Macro and IR control screen did not update the button state when a macro
or IR signal was assigned.
Version 1.03 - 16 Feb 2006
- Give plugins the ability to add pages to the help system.
- Indicate disabled modules between parentheses on X10 control screen
- X-10 grid controller window should not expand when a module with a long
name is selected.
- I/O port control screen should indicate if it fails to update the port
- The "Add Light" button on the Custom Lighting summary screen was not
enabled when the Lighting System was configured.
- The X10 control screen sometimes showed values above 100% for PCS lights
- Could not set powerfail action from a plugin.
- Add new "serial commands to the PC" for switching logging on and off.
Version 1.02 - 5 Feb 2006
- Plugin API updates:
- Add plugin API for lookup tables.
- Allow plugins to configure the Custom Lighting system.
- Allow plugins to configure the serial expansion boards.
- The hvVersion plugin command should return version and patchlevel.
- If a plugin modifies an object, any open summary screens should be
- Changing the action for serial inputs from a plugin was not working
- Make sure the actions provided by a plugin to the hvObjectAction command
- Don't allow plugins to set object names and descriptions that exceed the
allowed lengths for those attributes.
- The hvObjectCount plugin command should return 0 for lights if the custom
lighting method is "None".
- The hvAddObject and hvDelObject plugin commands should support lights.
- The lassign procedure failed to initialize the variables in case it was
called with an empty list.
- Disabled indication in the X10 grid controller
- Work around the fact that the X10UPDATE string doesn't include the
- Show the unit/house code in the context menu of the X10 grid controller
- List X-10 modules by name on the X-10 control screen
- Controller connection should not auto-reconnect if manually disconnected
- Startup macro should only run at startup and not again after auto-reconnect
- Work around a bug in the Tk grab implementation (Tk bug #922427)
- Provide a center procedure for plugins and a few bug fixes.
- Add level state information to report translations and I/O control screen.
- The "HVPro Network Interface" name confused people into thinking that it
could only be used with the HVPro, changed it to "Lantronix Remote Com Port"
- Add HVDesktop functionality support on Windows using DDE.
- Add option to suspend logging during download
- Fix event log time translation if date is not present.
- Make reading the event log less sensitive to interfering commands.
- Fix bug in window update administration.
- Work around a bug in the Tk grab implementation (Tk bug #922427)
- Too many failed auto-connection attempts eats up all file descriptors.
- Update remote internet host password prompt window to new look.
- If remote internet host connection is canceled, the connection icon should
reflect the disconnected state.
- Get the available com ports on Windows from the registry
- Input port change reports should update I/O control screen
Version 1.01 - 12 Jan 2006
- Allow the user to select a bigger SIRCS code than necessary to represent
the specified system code.
- Show current state of the lights on the lighting control screen.
- Moving columns around on the object summary screen would result in
corruption of the display when certain updates were made to an object.
- Selecting a constant category, but not a constant name could result in a
- Should not indicate "Load failed, controller halted" when Post Download
actions take a long time to complete.
- Should not allow more than 255 macros, variables etc.
- Several improvements and bug fixes of the Read data file serial command:
- Bug: Should read the last line of the data file, not the first
- Bug in loading Pressure and Rainfall values into the HomeVision
- Use the WriteToFilePath setting if a relative file path is specified
- Simplify the user interface for building the data file field list
- Update the data file field list if variables are reordered
- Save the data file field list in the haf file, where it belongs
- Make lassign procedure available to plugins
- Don't execute startup macro until the connection to the controller is
- BUG: Cannot edit commands if they contain an UNDEFINED!!! object
- BUG: Editing memory access commands doesn't select the correct variables
- BUG: Middle mouse button doesn't paste actions in summary screen
- Changing video log time format should do a better check
- Stop auto-reconnect timer when interface type is changed to serial
- The title of action edit screens isn't updated when a new schedule is
Version 1.00 - 27 Dec 2005
- New configuration screen for assigning names to I2C devices
- Run plugin ready hook asynchronously in case it takes a long time.
- Speed up the refresh of the schedule viewer and object use screen.
- Object use and schedule viewer screen updates:
- Save the "Highlight HomeVisionXL-only commands" setting
- Shortcut for macro and variables used on the custom lighting configuration
screen did not work.
- Shortcut to the action editor did not hightlight the code line for
- Some IR toolbox updates:
- If a plugin sends a command during an IR learn operation, the learn aborts
and starts again automatically. Pressing the abort button during this
sequence of events didn't always work. This is now indicated by a
- When the HomeVision controller starts transmitting the learned IR data to
the PC it is no longer possible to abort the operation, so the Abort button
is now disabled at this point.
- The messages window of the Learn tab now has a context menu with a command
for clearing the window.
- When opening a summary screen that is already open there's no need to
recreate the display strings.
- Improve X10 housecode button handling on Windows
- Disabling the last plugin that has a MainWindow deletes the wrong menu.
- Error when pressing the Return key in the command entry box if no commands
have ever been entered: can't read "command": no such variable
- The time and date configure screen status message was not alligned
- The "Load Timer" button on the Load & Start timer dialog from the Timer
Control Screen only showed "Load"
- Making the tabbing order of the options on the download screen correct.
- During a download the user should not be able to alter the schedule or
change the download options.
- On the Remote Internet Server Configuration screen the Terminate buttons
should be disabled when the list of connections changes.