HomeVisionXL 2.0 Beta Change Log
Version 2.0 - 3 Jan 2010
- Fix error in plug-in wizard after using "Select updated plug-ins"
- Schedule notes do not get cleared when opening a new schedule
- Clear the X-10 grid controller status message on update or when
reopening the grid controller screen
- X-10 grid controller row and column labels should be centered.
- If the schedule is saved after a lookup table was changed and
subsequently the lookup table is changed again, the schedule does not get
flagged as having changed.
- Schedule does not get flagged as changed when a lookup table value or
name is modified using the hvLookupTable API call.
- Clicking OK on the Thermostat Schedule screen without making a change
marks the schedule as changed.
- Clicking OK on the AC/Heating TV Screen screen without making a change
marks the schedule as changed.
- Clicking OK on the Custom TV Menu Page screen without making a change
marks the schedule as changed.
- When HomeVisionXL.app is renamed on the Mac, the error log file is
created in the wrong location.
- Error from X-10 house code menu buttons on Mac.
- The menu bar was not correct when accessing help on Mac.
- Visual flaw on the reorder screen on Mac.
- Error message when using "What's this?" on Mac.
Version 2.0b18 - 6 Dec 2009
- Vastly improve the appearance of HomeVisionXL on the Mac.
- Help now also available on the Mac.
- Redesign the interface for selectively hiding individual serial strings
and save these settings between sessions.
- Add a pull down menu to the command entry box.
- Allow changing the control and fan mode using the thermostat control
- Add a warning in the plug-in wizard if some of the selected plug-ins are
not fit for the current operating system, or a newer HomeVisionXL version is
required to be able to use the plug-in.
- Allow plug-ins to store empty configuration settings using the new -keep
option to the hvConfig command.
- Add "remdownload" and "remloaded" event hooks to signal the start and
end of downloads performed by a remote internet application.
- Properly initialize the thermostat control screen settings when using
- Provide more debugging information in tech info report.
- Improve option parsing on hvPublic command.
- Store images in file format, so they can also be used by plug-ins.
- Reorganized the packages included with HomeVisionXL.
- Downloaded schedule would be corrupt if input commands are used for
port C, while port C has been configured as output.
- "Set Controller To Specific Time" button refused to change the clock
of the controller, claiming "Invalid Time/Date specified".
- Enabling i2c commands doesn't add address assignment entry in
configure menu until HomeVisionXL is restarted.
- New analog ports were initialized with an offset of -256 instead of 0.
- Show surise/sunset times gives error when times cross midnight.
- Catch error when releasing a grab in an interpreter that no longer
- Lookup table access from plug-ins was not working correctly.
- Put the error.log file in an appropriate location on the Mac.
Version 2.0b17 - 15 Oct 2009
- Add action and control commands to enable/disable automaticly reading
- Provide a way for plug-ins to obtain a list of user defined I2C devices
- Fix error when opening One-wire command entry screen
- The hvExecTrigger plug-in command was broken by updates in 2.0b14
- Timestamp in status bar does not get updated when scrolling using the
Version 2.0b16 - 6 Sep 2009
- Reallow timer values above 240 hours, but provide a visual reminder that
these values are not recommended
- Generate dimmed png images instead of providing both versions
- Memory use figures and pie chart did not take lookup tables and RAM
video screens into account
- Error when invoking "What's this" menu entry twice in a row
- The poll interval setting is not applicable for serial thermostats
- Error when disabling the voip plug-in by closing the line status window
- Error when unloading a plug-in in nogui mode
Version 2.0b15 - 26 Jul 2009
- Allow users to make notes in the help pages
- New feature: Patching of lookup tables.
- Allow entry of information for generating IR signals in dec and hex.
- Introduce Ctrl-N shortcut on summary screens for creating new objects.
- Embed object related information in serial strings.
- Extract time stamps from the event log and place them in front of the
- Possibility to change event log time display format on the fly.
- Move the event log time display format setting from preferences to the
event log viewer screen.
- Check if stored screen positions are actually on screen
- Overwrite old log files
- Limit timers to 240 hours. Anything longer may not work properly in case
of a power failure.
- Dismiss command windows by pressing Escape.
- Correction to the X-10 security RF IR signal specification.
- Fix context menu entries for comment line edit screen.
- Remove obsolete command that produces error during download in non-gui
Version 2.0b14 - 9 Jul 2009
- Infrared bulk learn feature
- Nesting level checker
- Ignore serial commands on telnet connections during download
- Add options to also log transmitted data and add timestamps to the
HomeVisionXL log file.
- Add hvLogMessage command to plug-in API allowing plug-ins to log data in
the HomeVisionXL log file.
- Add option to prevent the Messages screen from popping up for each new
message from the controller
- Make the date and time display format user configurable
- Use a consistent format for date and time display throughout the
- Add a command line switch to start HomeVisionXL with a lantronix
- Explain controller errors on the status screen in a tooltip or with the
"What's this?" function.
- Add option to the hvConfig command for saving settings encrypted
- Improve detection of corrupt data in update reports and request new
updatexxx report if a corrupted one was received
- Run plug-in event hooks for updatexxx reports before processing new data,
so plug-ins can catch every change
- Allow using unique prefixes of command line options
- Add an icon to all HomeVisionXL screens (linux)
- Open external URLs in help pages using the default browser on linux too
- Store flag and port status information in a more consistent way
* Possible incompatibility *
- Introduce the Shift-F1 key binding for the "What's this?" function.
- Baudrate change on Windows doesn't work because the OS doesn't flush the
serial buffer before changing the baudrate.
- The "What's This?" function does not work.
- Error when trying to select a file for storing a tech info report
- Fix error when deleting named constant: row index "70" out of range
- Schedule without custom lighting gives errors in -nogui mode
- Generating PDF file could fail if the schedule contained a periodic event
with a rate of 8 hours.
- Action code lines in PDF file were wrapped in braces
- Action patching of some binary transmit commands shows data as text
string, instead of binary data
- Configuration of HomeVision serial board #1 (Serial Port #3) is broken
- Adding objects doesn't get recorded as a change to the schedule
- The "Var = Const - Var" command should be stored in a format compatible
with the original software when not using named constants, just like the
other variable commands involving constants are already doing.
- Fix some bugs in the hvMenu command of the plug-in API
- Cannot enter file name when saving a schedule triggered by download
- Some output appears twice in the terminal emulator screen
- Allow external commands to include standard input in-line
- Editing "Put timer into 4 variables" shows wrong variable
- Serial comm test debug tool is broken
Version 2.0b13 - 13 Apr 2009
- Add DBus commands for exporting the schedule
- Allow public plug-in procs to obtain the name of the calling plug-in.
- Inform plug-in about connection state on start-up through event hooks.
- Upgrade to Tcl version 8.5.7
- Disable/enable plug-in by double clicking on the name in Plugin Manager
- Allow the use of PNG images in help pages.
- Allow plug-ins to read and modify IR zone names
- Allow plug-ins to modify CADDX security zone names
- Allow plug-ins to use packages in kit form again
- Named constants screen is not updated when the value of a constant is
changed by a plug-in.
- Error when hovering over an undefined object in action editor when "show
current object values in Action Editor" feature is active.
- IR toolbox toggle button on the convert tab sometimes stays enabled when
it shouldn't be.
- Fix error when plug-in adds an entry to the File menu
- Timestamp tags in the terminal emulator were never freed
- Unnecessary resources were being used for timestamp tagging
- Export file lists one custom light for schedules without custom lighting
- Plug-in wizard on windows cannot update the help file if a plug-in is
enabled (why did nobody report this problem?)
- Add delay to improve download speed on client/server connection
- Selected command on controller command control screen should stay
- Auto reporting of Custom lights etc should be disabled for classic HV
Version 2.0b12 - 19 Mar 2009
- Provide an overview of changes made since the last time the schedule was
- Better track if something was actually changed on the settings and I/O
board configuration screens.
- Add security zone names to the HomeVision export (hvx) file
- Add virtual commands to enable/disable auto-reporting of HVAC, security,
and custom lights.
- Add virtual command to put phone touch-tone count into a variable.
- Replace image on the reorder screen with a PNG version.
- Extract commands for controller control screen from the command
- Store the URL of the plug-in database in the configuration file.
- Fix error while reporting errors
- Swap/rotate objects on reorder screen produces an error: invalid command
- Changing the GUI style after using the file selection dialog produces an
- Context menu did not provide a "change to And/Or operation" entry for
HvXL only conditions.
- Remove the unused D-Bus "Test" signal.
- A gain setting above 1.27 was displayed incorrectly on the analog input
port summary screen.
Version 2.0b11 - 24 Feb 2009
- Add system tray icon option on linux as well.
- Preference setting for starting up minimized or hidden in the system tray.
- Add functionality to the system tray context menu.
- Provide some more interesting information in the system tray balloon
- Add a D-Bus interface to the application (linux only).
- Use D-Bus to optionally prevent the user starting multiple instances of
the program (linux only).
- Highlight variable value on modify screen of flags & variable control
- Change around the way standard X-10 commands are controlled on the X-10
- Extract location for application data from registry (Windows only).
- Show timestamps for data in the terminal server window.
- Add context menu to the terminal emulator with copy and clear commands.
- Create and edit multi-line comments
- Add more commands for users to customize their main tool bar with.
- Move quick-edit menu entries to a menu on the action editor toolbar.
- Add access to named constants to the plug-in API.
- Update the internal tracking state for custom lights when the custom
light control screen is updated on systems that don't support the
- Move tool tip and icon preference settings to the appearance tab.
- Make the plug-in wizard window a little bigger.
- Read data file serial command to accept filename.txt without quotes
- Allow serial command procs to indicate that a match will never happen.
- Make command windows adapt better to different font sizes.
- Improve the looks of the toolbar customization dialog, the command edit
window, the data file format editor and several scattered scrollable lists.
- Plug-in command hvVariable shouldn't reformat PROM version value
- The exit confirmation dialog stayed hidden when exiting from the system
tray menu while the application is hidden.
- Error when selecting exit from the system tray menu while the exit
confirmation dialog already exists.
- Fix hiding/restoring windows that were minimzed to the task bar.
- Error when opening X-10 summary screen: bad subcommand "cget".
- New action editor windows don't open at the user configured size.
- Correctly handle plug-ins that disable themselves during initialization.
- Prevent default fonts from being too small on high resolution screens.
- Not all variables of memory access commands using 3 variables and none
of the variables used in timer commands were reported in the object use viewer.
- Problems opening data files were not reported to serial command test
- Error when trying to edit a wait command using an undefined timer object.
- Re-fix non-GUI mode.
- Download is possible with undefined named constant.
- Fix error in the action editor when selecting multiple lines using the
- The standard Tk message box looks fine nowadays, so don't need the
custom message box anymore.
- Copying conditions as text shows And/Or before the first condition.
- Should not be allowed to change and/or on comment in conditions.
- Hiding the application in the system tray while a modal screen is shown
makes it impossible to restore the application using the system tray icon.
- Path for finding packages was not setup correctly for plug-ins.
Version 2.0b10 - 9 Sep 2008
- Add optional system tray icon (Windows only)
- Option to minimize to the system tray when closing the main window
- Add key bindings for Undo/Redo functions in the Action Editor
- Make all general resource file settings accessible from a plug-in
- Remove some obsolete code for unzipping help files
- Quick-editting of HomeVisionXL only commands produced bad results
- Execute X-10 off actions command was not flagged as HomeVisionXL only
- Fix typo in hvConfigFile open subcommand
Version 2.0b9 - 24 Aug 2008
- Redesign action editor
- Introduce quick-edit: Quickly change commands via the context menu
- Add tool tips to the action editor, showing current object values
- Allow commenting/uncommenting of multi-line selections
- Add undo/redo functionality to the Action Editor
- Update signals in an X-10 sequence instantaneously, without the need to
click a "Change This Signal" button.
- Make tool bars on the Action Editor and Main screen user configurable
- Provide some more actions for users to add to the tool bars
- Add new hvConfigFile command to the plugin API
- Add menu with templates for serial commands on transmit string command
- Add menu with templates for directives to the comment edit screen
- Add optional confirmation dialog before termination of HomeVisionXL
- Automatically rescan for plug-ins after running the plug-in wizard
- Remember previously used serial commands on serial command test screen
- Update the appearance of the wait command entry screen
- Upgrade to Tcl 8.5.4
- Errors when accessing functions of a plug-in while a file selection
dialog from the same plug-in is open
- Error when running a macro from the control screen: bad cell index
- Stop messing with pwd when loading a plug-in
- The plug-in "center" command should not place a window's top bar off the
- Center the text on the toolbar buttons of the Help screen (Windows)
- Pressing Alt-I on the help screen to invoke the Index button didn't work
- Fix error when trying to enable a plug-in that has been deleted
Version 2.0b8 - 25 Jul 2008
- Give plug-ins the possibility to delay termination so they get a chance
to clean up.
- Gracefully handle Command-Q on Mac
- Only record serial commands in the command history if they are non-empty
and different from the previous command
- Improve the look of the control screen instruction labels
- Adding objects after reordering may cause error during download.
- Serial commands "read text file" and "read data file" were disabled if
the controller connection was not a local serial port.
- Event hooks were not removed when a plug-in was disabled.
- Client should not send commands to the server if it is not connected to
the homevision controller.
- Handle all kinds of errors that could occur when the homevision controller
is not connected.
- Fix error when double clicking on a deleted object in the object usage
- Some actions of clients connected to the telnet server caused a HvXL
- Ctrl-U doesn't work when entering text for "Transmit ASCII string"
Version 2.0b7 - 8 Jun 2008
- During download all HomeVisionXL remote internet clients and servers
should exhibit special behavior (suspend logging, disable terminal emulator
output), if so configured.
- Give user the possibility to save the resource file on demand
- Automatically save the resource file on the server when a client has
remotely opened a new schedule
- Fix error message after switching the interface type from "Remote Internet
Host" to another type.
- Errors from disabled plug-ins were not handled correctly
- Display of "And" and "Or" could become incorrect when editing action
- Error when running a macro and immediately closing the macro control
Version 2.0b6 - 16 May 2008
- Automatically scroll Messages window to the end when a new message
- Error when reading some schedules created with a previous version.
- It was not possible to change only the description of the main serial
- On the Timer command window the last part of "Hundreths" was clipped
- Text on button "Set Controller To Specific Time" only shown partly.
- Periodic event control screen should get sunrise/sunset time from
controller when rescheduling events.
- The "start" trick described in the help page for the "run program"
serial command doesn't work.
- Preserve case of the file name when sending schedules between remote
internet client and server, if possible.
- Add easy method to synchronize the schedule on the remote internet server
to the client.
- Action patching of input ports showed wrong port in window title
- Custom lighting object screen is not accessible after custom lighting
has been setup by a plug-in
- Only enable the download button when connected to the controller
- If remote internet connection failed the file menu could get corrupted
- Error when trying to change the stat type of a thermostat zone
Versions 2.0b1 through 2.0b5 - 23 March 2008
- Fix tiny font in message windows.
- Error when saving schedule with .bak extension
- HvXL shuts down after 20 seconds without any error message
- Security system zone 0 name is displayed as "UNDEFINED !!!" in action
- Using macro control screen changes "startup macro" configuration.
- Last Power Recovery value on Status Screen should be centered.
- Improve determination whether to save schedule as txt or pdf file
- Saving to pdf from schedule viewer changes font of titles
- Creating damaged PDF files
- Optionally include schedule notes when exporting to PDF.
- Correct tab behavior in schedule notes
- Automatically update control screens when objects change
- Experimental option to change mouse behavior for menus on linux
- Correct notebook tab background when Windows XP theme is set to classic.
- Speed up download over fast link by disabling terminal emulator output
- Options to show only command or condition details on object use screen
- Individually show/hide recognized serial commands
- When selecting multiple objects in reorder screen by dragging a box
around them the window may scroll too far to the right.
- An object should not move when dragging and dropping it outside the
window while reordering.
- Fix error message when closing reorder screen after dragging an object
outside the window.
- Make Control-U binding work in object summary tables as well.
- File dialogs should use theme colors instead of their own hardcoded ones.
- Reorder Custom Light Extra data if it contains a homevision object
- Ask the user to update start-up macro setting if it has been moved
- Only generate double-click event if the second click is on the same
- Limit the amount of data in the controller messages screen to 500 lines
- Set the clock at 30 seconds after the time specified by the user to
avoid scheduled events targeted at the time of the clock update to be
- Plug-in wizard creates a directory called --